I think not! But is that what our marketing says to our existing clients?
Here is my take on Kelly Weppler Hernandez’s simple ways to reward your top clients:
- Acknowledge long-time clients for their patronage and feature them in your newsletter, website and other marketing materials. Video testimonials may seem scary at first but who doesn’t want to be on the big screen, even if it is a little screen.
- Be everywhere that they are. Be connected to them on social networking sites, on their blogs, commenting and engaging your clients in their business. Lend your hand to help make them successful.
- Host a client appreciation event where your best clients have an opportunity to interact with your prospects and other vendors you value and work with. Ensure that your best clients come away from that event feeling special and understanding how much you value their business.
- Plan a Get-Away-From-The-Office event with no work related ties. Person-to-person or group-to-group.
- When they make a referral that does business with you, offer them a discount on a future service. Then theyre even more likely to refer again and again.
- Put your Referral Mindset on. Think about who you can refer to them or who you can introduce them to that might benefit from learning more about their business.
- Seek out their feedback. Who doesn’t want their opinion to be heard and think that it matters.
- Create win-win alliances between your vendors and your clients. It could be as simple as taking advantage of quantity discounts to attend conferences.
- Reward top clients by allowing them to contribute their thoughts into your product development. This requires that you be prepared with answers as to why their ideas were not integrated.
- And my favorite… Say
and say it often!