The emotional significance of colors on the sales process.
Did you ever ask yourself, “Why is pink and red the color of valentines day?” Well I am glad you asked. Their is an emotional connection associated with each and every color. Dating back to my days selling LCD panels and the introduction of presentation software, I have been preaching the importance of properly deploying color in order to give ones message the right tone. In some cases, the right color can provide that added push to bring the message home for your audience.
If your goal as a sales person or marketer is to connect with your target audience shouldn’t you carefully consider your color choices? (Rhetorical…Of course you should!) Brian Morris does a nice job in connecting the dots between colors and their relationship with your audiences emotions 10 Colors That Increase Sales and Why.
What do you think of when you see the sparkle of gold?
Is Marketing the “New Sales”?
Here is a great article, Marketing Is The New Sales by Craig Valier of The MX Group. He had me with his opening line, one I use often with prospects, “Selling is not rocket science.”
- The similarities and shift in roles of the sales rep to the marketer
- Develop relationships through the sharing of information as content
- Meet your prospects on their unique terms
The brand is a story. But it’s a story about you, not about the brand.
Seth Godin writes about why we love brands.
Brands and why we love them.
I want to know what brands you love and why?
Is it a childhood connection or are you trying to make that special connection. Share your thoughts in the comment section.
When Better Biz Dev is in the mode for something a little less sweet…
Brand that defined a generation
Or was radio a one-trick/sense-medium destined for its fate?
Don’t blame video for the death of anything. In fact video could be your one true savior. I know video is scary and intimidating…
GET OVER IT!!
Here is a great article by Marketfish on how video can save your beloved email marketing.
- Ever since the invention of the Talking Picture Show your audience has desired stimulation of both visual and auditory senses
- Video outperforms all other forms of content period
- Despite what you may think, incorporating video isn’t as demanding as you might think
- Sure it helps to have a good partner to get started
Get in front of the lens and be yourself. Be genuine.